In this section
Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training Supervisor Training Part 1 and 2
- 5 days (with break between the first two days and the remaining three days)
- Anna Freud Centre
- Start time
- End time
- Application for IPT supervisor training
- Download Application for IPT supervisor training
The course aims to develop advanced skills in group and individual supervision of IPT practice. The course aims to provide participants with advanced knowledge and theoretical understanding of IPT, and will provide a competency based format for self assessment and clinical supervision. It will extend the knowledge and skills of qualified IPT practitioners in the clinical application of IPT across all focal areas and a range of clinical presentations. This course will consolidate IPT practitioner skills and develop knowledge and understanding of the skills required to supervise in a peer and accreditation setting.
Trainees will develop skills in evaluating adherence to the IPT model, communicating effectively and constructively on the successful application of knowledge and techniques, and managing and supporting change in non adherent practice. The module will equip trainees with knowledge and understanding of the importance of communication skills, conceptualization skills, evaluation skills, supporting skills transfer from alternative approaches, promoting development of new skills and adapted application of existing skills in IPT trainees.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for IPT practitioners who have completed practitioner level accreditation and have registered with IPTUK (www.interperosonalpsychotherapy.org.uk). Practitioners must have completed at least four IPT cases under accreditation level supervision.
Qualified IPT supervisor are also welcome to attend to develop competence in using an competency based protocol for IPT supervision or to become accredited as an IAPT IPT supervisor.
Aims of course
- To develop advanced practical skills in delivering IPT.
- To develop advance skills in IPT case formulation and conceptualization as a basis for self assessment and peer supervision
- To develop and understanding of the competency framework for IPT and its application in clinical supervision.
- To provide a framework for clinical practice and supervision in IPT that is in accordance with IPTUK standards and IPT Supervisor competencies.
- To develop practical competencies in using the IPT competency framework to supervise Interpersonal Psychotherapy and integrate with generic competencies in delivering and supervising psychological therapy
- To contribute in part to completion of IPTUK accreditation as an IPT supervisor (including in an IAPT setting).