Become a Parent Champion
Our Parent Champions support us to ensure that the views and experiences of parents and carers help shape how we deliver our mental health services.
We’re always on the lookout for mums and dads who are passionate about mental health and are interested in contributing to our projects and services. If you are a parent and have experience of caring for a child with mental health difficulties, or perhaps have experienced mental health issues yourself, we’d like to hear from you.
There are plenty of activities and projects to get involved in, so, whatever your background or interest we can find a role that’s right for you. We’ll make sure you are fully supported in whatever activity you take part in, we’ll help cover your travel expenses and can provide crèche too if needed.
Opportunities for Parent Champions include activities like:
- Helping out at mental health events and workshops
- Promoting mental health awareness in the media
- Sharing your experience as part of our training events for professionals
- Joining our Parents’ Panel to provide advice and guidance to the Centre
- Shaping and developing new services and research for parents and families.
How do I get involved?
Volunteering is a great way to support a cause you care about, and at the same time develop new skills, meet like-minded people, and gain new experiences.
If you are interested in becoming a Parent Champion or would like more information, please do get in touch with our Parent Participation Officer, Salma Khanche, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7794 2313.