Choosing and Using Measures, Manchester
21st June 2017 – 21st June 2017
- St Thomas Centre, Aardwick Green North, Manchester M12 6FZ Map
- One day
- 09:30 - 17:00
Non Member Training Fee - 10% discount for 2 + bookings, email email@example.com
CORC Member (free)
Associate Member Fee
About this course
Choosing and Using Measures is being run by Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC) in partnership with the Centre.
This course introduces questionnaire-based outcome measures of children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing. By the end of the course participants will understand the rationale for using this kind of outcome measure, and will feel informed and confident in choosing and using measures and interpreting the data produced by them.
The course will cover
- How measures are developed and how to choose the right measure for your purpose and content
- An introduction to the research literature and the rationale for using this kind of outcome measure
- Best practice guidance on how to introduce and use questionnaire-based outcomes measures in direct work with children and young people
- An introduction into analysing and interpreting measure data
- Practical exercises covering choosing a measure, introducing measures and interpreting measure data
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for professionals working with children and young people who are thinking of using outcome measures and for other professionals, such as managers and commissioners, who want to support the use of outcome measures within clinical and non-clinical settings.
Aims of the course?
The learning objectives of the course are:
- Delegates will be informed about the benefits of outcome measurement in children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing settings
- Delegates will be able choose a measure for a particular purpose and explain why they chose it
- Delegates will be able to confidently introduce a measure to a client and gain informed consent to use the data
- Delegates will be able to interpret measures data at an individual and aggregate level
10% discount available if you book 2 or more places on Choosing and Using Measures or make 2 or more bookings across the following trainings:
- Choosing and Using Measures, Manchester
- Choosing and Using Measures, York
- Embedding best practice use of outcome and feedback measures, London
- Embedding best practice use of outcome and feedback measures, Birmingham
- Embedding best practice use of outcome and feedback measures, Manchester
- Interpreting outcome data in children and young people’s mental health, London
- Interpreting outcome data in children and young people’s mental health, York
- Ethics and data management, London
- Ethics and data management, Manchester
- Measures in the commissioning context, London
- Measures in the commissioning context, Manchester
If you are interested in becoming a CORC member, please visit: http://www.corc.uk.net/