Mentalization Based Treatment for Antisocial Personality Disorder (MBT-ASPD) in Munich, Germany
31st May 2017 – 2nd June 2017
- Psychotherapeutische Fachambulanz für Gewalt- und Sexualstraftäter Map
- Three days
- 09:00 - 17:00 (day 3 will finish at 16:30)
About this course
This training will be delivered in English. The training venue is close to Munich train station. Full details of the location of the training will be sent to those that register. If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com.
MBT has been adapted for the treatment of people with antisocial personality disorder (MBT-ASPD). This course will outline how mentalizing can contribute to the understanding of ASPD and how mentalization based treatment can be used to treat people with ASPD in health care and criminal justice systems.
Participants are expected to have read Bateman, A. and Fonagy, P. (2016) Mentalization Based Treatment for Personality Disorder: A practical guide. Chapter 13 Antisocial Personality Disorder. OUP:Oxford.
- Bateman A, Fonagy P. (2008) Comorbid antisocial and borderline personality disorders: mentalization based treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychology: in session.64:1-14.
- Bateman A, Bolton R, Fonagy P. (2013) Antisocial Personality Disorder: a mentalizing framework. Focus: Journal of Lifelong Learning in Psychiatry. XI:1-9.
The training will cover:
- Understanding of violence
- Outline of a developmental and mentalizing perspective of ASPD
- Mentalization based formulation of ASPD
- Clinical skills for individual and group MBT as applied to people with ASPD
The teaching will use didactic teaching, role plays, video, and discussion
Who is this course suitable for?
Applicants for the course are expected to:
- be engaged in MBT treatment for people with personality disorder
- be undertaking supervised practice when treating people with personality disorder
- have some understanding of criminal justice systems
- aim to treat people with antisocial personality disorder
Aims of the course?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Articulate ASPD as a disorder of mentalizing
- Discuss the developmental understanding of mentalizing, antisocial behaviour and violence
- Formulate clinically clients with antisocial personality disorder
- Deliver some basic mentalizing interventions for people with ASPD