Kate is the Director of Common Room Consulting Ltd., which she founded in 2013.
Common Room promotes the views and expertise of children and young people with lived experience across disability, health and mental health.
Common Room believes all children and young people should:
- Be actively involved in decisions about their lives, treatment and support.
- Be equal partners in policy, research, practice and service improvement programmes.
- Have a voice about social, policy and practice issues that affect their lives.
Kate has over 15 years experience of promoting children and young people centred communication, shared decision-making, collaborative practice, co-production, and of empowering young people to speak up about the social, policy and practice issues that affect their lives.
Kate is also:
- A PhD researcher at the UCL Institute of Education, researching shared decision with young people with mental health issues.
- A Board member of the Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC)
- Chair of the Making Ourselves Heard national disabled children’s participation network.
- Trustee of London Friend, the UKs oldest LGBT charity, which supports the health and mental well-being of the LGB&T community in and around London.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- Advances in Child Mental Health Services: International perspectives
- Child Mental Health, Personalisation and Transformation – sharing best practice and ways forward
- EBPU 10 year celebration: Making evidence-based practice a reality in child mental health
- Personalised Care for Youth Mental Health
- Personalised Care for Youth Mental Health, Birmingham
- Personalised Care for Youth Mental Health, Maidstone
- Personalised Care for Youth Mental Health, Manchester
- Personalised Care for Youth Mental Health, Oxford
- Personalised Care for Youth Mental Health, Taunton
- Promoting Active Choices Together (PACT)
- Talking About Self Harm: Listen, Plan, Act, Feedback. For teachers & frontline school staff.