University of Leicester
Panos is Professor of Child Mental Health at the University of Leicester and Visiting Professor at University College London. Panos has published extensively on the impact of trauma on child mental health, evaluation of interventions and services for traumatized children, including those living in war zones. Other research includes school mental health and development of payment systems.
Panos is currently involved in several projects with NGOs and academic centres in Asia, Africa and South America as part of the World Awareness for Children in Trauma programme (www.wacit.org). He has longstanding clinical experience with vulnerable children, young people and families, i.e. in care, homeless, adopted, refugees, and young offenders.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- Advances in Child Mental Health Services: International perspectives
- CAMHS Payment System Project - Project Findings and Final Report
- EBPU 10 year celebration: Making evidence-based practice a reality in child mental health
- EBPU Seminar: Helping children who experience trauma in low-income countries
- Workshop: Building resilience for children in low and middle income countries