University of Leicester
Panos is Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Leicester in the UK, and Consultant at the Leicestershire child mental health service.
In his clinical capacity, he works with a mental health service designated for vulnerable children, young people and families, i.e. in public care, homeless, adopted, refugees, and young offenders.
In his academic capacity, Panos is actively involved in a number of research projects on the assessment of mental health needs, evaluation of treatment and services for traumatized children and young people. Also, the evaluation of mental health interventions in schools; the development and evaluation of training intervention for child mental health practitioners to improve joint working with schools; and the impact of trauma on children living in war zones.
Panos is involved in many international research and teaching projects with India, Pakistan, Kenya, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and EU countries that promote the development and evaluation of child mental health services. Together with Dr Miranda Wolpert, Panos has been joint Director of the development of payment systems in England since 2011.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- Advances in Child Mental Health Services: International perspectives
- CAMHS Payment System Project - Project Findings and Final Report
- EBPU 10 year celebration: Making evidence-based practice a reality in child mental health
- EBPU Seminar: Helping children who experience trauma in low-income countries
- Workshop: Building resilience for children in low and middle income countries