Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Professor Miranda Wolpert MBE
A clinical psychologist by background, Professor Miranda Wolpert is committed to understanding how best to support and evaluate effective service delivery to promote resilience and meet children and young people’s mental health needs. Her work focuses on improvement and prevention science combined with social entrepreneurship, and includes the development of online, digital and face-to-face tools and training resources for young people, carers and practitioners.
Miranda is Professor in Evidence Based Practice and Research at UCL and Founder and Director of the Evidence Based Practice Unit (EBPU), a service development and academic unit which works to bridge research and practice in child mental health and is part of both UCL and the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families. She is also Co-Founder and Director of the Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC), the UK’s leading membership organisation that collects and uses evidence to improve children and young people’s wellbeing. Miranda is also Director of the Innovation, Evaluation and Dissemination Programme at Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
In her other roles, Miranda is National Informatics and Data Advisor on Child and Adolescent Mental Health for NHS England, Children and Young People Mental Health Advisor at UCL Partners and co-chairs the Department of Health group on measurement in child mental health. She is also the Mental Health Strand Lead for the Children’s Policy Research Unit which advises Government on research related to policy development.
In 2017, Miranda was awarded the MBE for founding EBPU, co-founding CORC and services to child and adolescent mental health.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- “So what?”: Attitudes towards measuring outcomes in child and adolescent mental health services.
- Advances in Child Mental Health Services: International perspectives
- CAMHS Payment System Project - Project Findings and Final Report
- Children and Young People’s IAPT Programme Internal Rapid Audit Workshop
- CORC 2nd International Conference: Sharing best practice in supporting service transformation through outcome measurement across the globe
- EBPU 10 year celebration: Making evidence-based practice a reality in child mental health
- i-THRIVE conference for CAMHS commissioners
- Promoting Active Choices Together (PACT)
- Talking Endings with children and young people; sharing practice across mental and physical health care
- Workshop: Building resilience for children in low and middle income countries