Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Professor of Evidence Based Research and Practice, UCL
Director of Evidence Based Practice Unit (EBPU), UCL and the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Director of Innovation, Evaluation and Dissemination, the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Director of Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC)
A clinical psychologist by background, Miranda’s work focuses on improvement and prevention science combined with social entrepreneurship. She is committed to understanding how best to support and evaluate effective service delivery to promote resilience and meet children and young people’s mental health needs, including the development of online, digital and face-to-face tools and training resources for young people, carers and practitioners.
Miranda is Director of Innovation, Evaluation and Dissemination at the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families. The programme works on four streams of work: Resilience Research and Evaluation; Digital Development and Evaluation; Innovation and Dissemination; and the Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC). Miranda is also Professor of Evidence Based Research and Practice at UCL.
In her other roles, Miranda is National Informatics Advisor for Children and Young People’s Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (CYP IAPT) with NHS England, Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, and Children and Young People Mental Health Clinical Pathway Lead at UCLPartners.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- “So What?” A look at the new diagnosis and evidence-based interventions for Complex PTSD in children and young people
- “So What?” Seminar: So what are the barriers and facilitators to person-centred care in CAMHS?
- “So what?”: Attitudes towards measuring outcomes in child and adolescent mental health services.
- Advances in Child Mental Health Services: International perspectives
- CAMHS Payment System Project - Project Findings and Final Report
- Children and Young People’s IAPT Programme Internal Rapid Audit Workshop
- CORC 2nd International Conference: Sharing best practice in supporting service transformation through outcome measurement across the globe
- Promoting Active Choices Together (PACT)
- So what do we know about mental illness and wellbeing in children? Associations, correlates and screening
- Talking Endings with children and young people; sharing practice across mental and physical health care
- What Constitutes a Good Outcome in Child Mental Health?
- Workshop: Building resilience for children in low and middle income countries
- 'You're Never Too Young to Talk Mental Health' Workshop, Birmingham
- 'You're Never Too Young to Talk Mental Health' Workshop, London
- 'You're Never Too Young to Talk Mental Health' Workshop, Manchester
- 'You're Never Too Young to Talk Mental Health' Workshop, Newcastle