Who We Help
We offer free, easily-accessed and expert advice on the phone for expectant parents and for parents with infants, children and young people up to 18 years of age.
If you are a parent, and you are concerned about your child’s emotional wellbeing, it can be helpful to talk things over with a qualified mental health professional.
Some reasons why families contact us
- The challenges of new parenthood
- Tears and tempers in toddlers
- The impact on children of family disputes and arguments
- Anxiety and distress; including difficulties in being apart from parents
- Coping with loss, bereavement, separation or divorce
How We Help
Our one-off telephone consultation (max. 30 minutes) for parents provides free, specialist advice and support on common difficulties that many families face.
During the consultation, we will:
- Ask for your explanation of the difficulties and your understanding of why your child may be struggling.
- Think together about different possibilities for you and your family. Where further help is needed, we can give you advice on how to access appropriate services.
- These services may be external to Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
- We may not have in-depth knowledge about your local services, but we can signpost you to National Services, where appropriate.
How to Find Out More
For all enquiries please contact Laura Baver, Clinical Administrator:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7443 2261
The first steps are simple;
- Contact Laura who will ask you to fill out an enquiry form prior to the consultation so that we can begin to think about your concerns before your call.
- Once you have returned this form, we will arrange a convenient time for one of our team to call you. We aim to offer you a consultation within two weeks of your first contact.
Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families is strongly committed to ensuring and promoting the safety and wellbeing of all children, young people and vulnerable adults.