To ensure total data protection, POD does not store any identifiable information about patients.
All patients within POD have an automatically assigned POD ID to identify them within the system. When patients are being added, staff will need to store this POD ID alongside some identifiable information in a secure offline location, such as their organisations Intranet.
In addition, the POD website uses the following security measures:
- Connection between user and server is encrypted using 256bit encryption
- Passwords stored within the database all use SHA1 encryption
- Server resides in a secure location at the Anna Freud Centre premises
- Data is automatically backed up every night
- There is no access to data from any 3rd parties or by any users outside of a given project's admin user list