Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT) - Online training
1st May 2020
This is an online training - access to the online platform will be granted on the above date and you will have access for 10 months from this date
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children & Families Map
- Online Training Programme - 4 hours learning content
- 4 hours video content across 15 videos
Logins available - online training fee
About this course
Upon purchasing the programme, you will receive a confirmation email. Please note access to the training will be granted once payment is received. On the above date you will receive an email with joining instructions.
The MBT Online training covers most of the theoretical knowledge that is currently taught on the MBT courses organised by the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
The primary aim of the Online training is to ensure that people who attend the training courses start the course with some background knowledge about mentalizing. The aims are to improve learning, allow a reduction in the time apportioned to teaching the knowledge base on the course, and increase the time allotted to clinical practice and development of skills.
Each unit stands alone. But all units are required for a comprehensive understanding of mentalizing so you may decide to complete all the units. However different courses will recommend you prepare by listening to specific units.
The Online training may be of equal interest to people not attending trainings who want to know more about mentalizing and mentalization-based treatments.
Should you require immediate access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements. Access to the online training is granted for 10 months from the course date you purchased.
There are 15 videos. The format is a brief lecture followed by a discussion of some frequently asked questions. At the end of the unit you will be given some multiple choice questions based on the information delivered in the lecture. It is expected that you will score 70% or more. If you are attending trainings please make a note of the questions you get wrong and bring them to the training so the answers can be clarified.
The course will cover
The topics covered are:
- What is mentalizing
- What is effective mentalizing?
- Ineffective mentalizing.
- The dimensions of mentalizing
- Non-mentalizing modes
- How does mentalizing develop
- Neurobiology of mentalizing
- Mentalizing and Trauma
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Family Violence
- Epistemic Trust
- General Psychopathology
Who is this course suitable for?
- Participants in MBT training courses
- People interested in the theoretical aspects of mentalizing and MBT
Aims of the course?
- Increase knowledge and understanding of mentalizing
- Prepare people for lectures and courses on MBT
- Ensure participants recognise the relevance of mentalizing to individuals, families, and groups
- Understand the role of mentalizing in psychopathology