Schools Out! Come to our open house 'Schools in Mind' event on 28th July
Schools Out! The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families is delighted to invite you to our open house event focused on the wellbeing and mental health of children and young people in schools, including workshops, presentations and entertainment. It will be an informative and interactive day where you will get a chance to find out how different parts of the Centre are currently supporting schools.
During the day there will be opportunities to:
- Join in with Summer fun including face painting, food and the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families hospitality
- Hear about the Centre’s innovative practice in schools
- Take away free practical resources
- Network with the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families staff and join in with Summer fun including face painting, food and music
This is a family friendly event, children are welcome as long as accompanied by an adult. Please book a place for each person attending, including children. Places are free, but there are a limited number of places so you’re encouraged to book as soon as possible.
Enjoy our open house experience with seven workshops throughout the day:
- Finding Help - how to use the Youth Wellbeing Directory to help support your students find mental health support
- Impact - Find out how Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC) can help your school evidence impact
- Stress Management - How to use the online portal What's Up and PSHE materials to help your students manage stress
- Research - What do schools across the country need to know about the latest research to support mental health?
- Supporting Families - Find out more about how multi-family groups in schools can help
- Resilience - Experience SmartGym, an exciting new technology enabled approach that builds resilience, develops emotional skills and improved performance and academic outcomes
- The Family School - hear more about the AFC's sponsored school for pupils that are seriously at risk of exclusion and struggling to achieve, and their families
Location: The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, 4 - 8 Rodney Street, N1 9JH
Date: Tuesday 28th July 2015
Time: 11:00 – 15:00
Please call 020 7443 2230 or email Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any issues with booking.