Schools wanted for new research programme
The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families is looking for primary and secondary schools to take part in our 2018 - 2020 Education for Wellbeing research programme to implement and evaluate a range of mental health interventions for school pupils in years 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9.
Commissioned by the Department for Education, this exciting new programme aims to evaluate pioneering ways of supporting the mental health and wellbeing of school pupils. We are looking for schools who want to improve the mental health and wellbeing of their pupils to work with us, one of the UK’s leading evidence-based children’s mental health charities.
Benefits for participating schools
Following the Government’s Green Paper on Mental Health, this is a valuable opportunity to introduce school-focused mental health interventions and to contribute to the evidence base for school-based mental health. The benefits for taking part include:
- Providing your pupils with whole-class mental health and wellbeing programmes with support from leading experts in child mental health.
- Free mental health and wellbeing training from mental health professionals for selected school staff.
- An evaluation feedback report containing an aggregate summary of your pupils’ responses and outcomes on key mental health and wellbeing measures.
- Contributing to the wider evidence base on what works for school-based mental health support and how it can best be delivered.
- A letter of thanks from the Department for Education acknowledging your school’s important role in this project.
- £1,000 remuneration in recognition of administrative commitments.
We are looking for schools in the following regions:
- Greater London and the South East
- Greater Manchester and the North East
- Newcastle, Durham and the North East
- Bristol, Bath and the South West
To apply for Education for Wellbeing
Please complete the online Expression of Interest form by 30 March 2018.
To apply and to find out more, including whether your school is eligible and what would be required for participation, please click here.