YoungMinds is the UK's leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people. Driven by their experiences we campaign, research and influence policy and practice.
We also provide expert knowledge to professionals, parents and young people through our Parents' Helpline, online resources, training and development, outreach work and publications.
The YoungMinds Parents' Helpline offers free, confidential online and telephone support, including information and advice, to any adult worried about the emotional problems, behaviour or mental health of a child or young person up to the age of 25.
There is no allocation criteria/process. We offer free confidential advice and support but do not take any referrals or provide any direct services for young people specifically.
• Contact Us:
- Text the YoungMinds Crisis Messenger, for free 24/7 support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- If you need urgent help text YM to 85258
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
- The Helpline is freephone from all landlines and most major mobile networks.
Advice; Advocacy; Consultation for professionals; Information; Signposting; Support (e.g. informal help); Training
We Work With:
One to One , Families
Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4pm
We Work In These Places:
In the community; Online; Over the phone; Youth project
This service is not managed by the Anna Freud Centre unless specifically stated and you should use the below details to contact the service directly.
Telephone: 020 7089 5050 (office) and 0808 802 5544 (parents helpline).
Address: 4th Floor, India House, YoungMinds, Curlew St, London SE1 2ND