We are very lucky to have a wonderful group of parents and carers who give their time to help us shape how we work as an organisation. Our Parents' Panel meet every three months, and our members have been involved in activities such as:
- Participating in the recruitment of clinical staff at the Centre.
- Co-developing information sheets and consent forms for mental health research projects.
- Applying for funding to take forward and generate community led co-production projects.
- Reviewing the development of policies and procedures at the Centre.
- Engaging in consultations and focus groups for new mental health services.
We also aim to incorporate training and workshops into our Parent Panels, supporting our Champions to develop new and existing skills and helping them work towards the goals they set when they joined us.
All Parent Champions are welcome to attend our Parents' Panel meetings. They are a great way to meet new parents as well as support the Centre.
You can join the Parents' Panel by signing up as a Parent Champion.
Have a project or service focused on child and adolescent mental health?
Do you run a project or service that you would like to discuss with our Parents' Panel, to gain an insight into the parent perspective? If so, get in touch to see if our Parents Panel can help you develop your project or service. Email Myrvete.Gashi@annafreud.org for more information.