Workshop: Building resilience for children in low and middle income countries
About this course
The workshop aims to bridge the gap between research and practice by bringing together people from a wide variety of job roles and disciplines to discuss their experiences and learn from others. Those attending the workshop with learn about and discuss interventions and evaluations to help build resilience for children experiencing or at risk of experiencing trauma in low and middle income countries. We hope attendees will be open to share, listen and learn with and from others throughout the workshop. The event will be interactive with several discussion and feedback sessions alongside talks from respected and experienced practitioners and academics.
Who is this course suitable for?
1. Organisations, mainly NGOs, that operate in low and middle income countries.
2. Academics and researchers with interest and expertise in this field.
3. Practitioners with experience in trauma-focused interventions, and/or with previous or past links with low and middle income countries.
Aims of the course?
The aims are to:
- Share experiences and learn from others
- Enhance learning about what works in resilience building interventions
- Increase understanding of how to demonstrate impact of resilience building
- Build collaborations between stakeholders