About this course
The training will be delivered in English and will be consecutively translated into Spanish. Therefore, it is only suitable for Spanish speaking delegates.
There is a "Mentalizing and Mentalization Based Treatment with Adults (MBT Adult) – An Introduction" training which you can watch before the training (this is included in the higher fee of £645). However, please note that this is delivered in English, with English subtitles so it is only suitable for those who are fluent in English. Attendees who have purchased the MBT Online training will be added to the online training platform one month before the face-to-face training commences.
IMPORTANTE. SOBRE ESTE CURSO.
El curso será impartido en inglés con traducción consecutiva al español. Por ello solo se admitirán hispanohablantes.
Las tasas de inscripción al Curso son de 595 Libras. Es el formato presencial, sin curso online previo (“Training Fee without access to the MBT Online Training”). Existe un Curso introductorio de Formación Online que puede ser visionado de forma previa al curso. El AFNCCF pone a nuestra disposición esa otra posibilidad de inscripción, la formación presencial junto con con el Curso Online. (La Formación online es obligatoria en el resto de países donde se imparte el Curso Básico, pero no será así en nuestro caso, que será voluntaria). Los que elijan voluntariamente la formación online deben saber que esta es en inglés, con subtítulos en inglés, por lo que solo es recomendable para aquellos con un manejo fluido de este idioma. Aquellos que quieran realizarlo (en las condiciones que acabamos de referir), deberán inscribirse a la opción de Curso Básico con acceso al curso online (“Training fee including access to the MBT Online Training”, la opción de 645 Libras).
- Local organisers
- Sociedad Española de Terapia Basada en la Mentalizacion: www.mentalizacion.org
- Hospital 12 de Octubre y Fundación i+12
- Course outline
Mentalizing lies at the very core of our humanity – it refers to our ability to attend to mental states in ourselves and in others as we attempt to understand our own actions and those of others on the basis of intentional mental states. A focus on this very human activity as a therapeutic intervention forms the core of mentalization based treatment (MBT). It was initially developed for the treatment of borderline personality disorder (BPD) although it is now being used on a wide range of disorders. This training programme focusses on MBT for BPD.
Mentalization-Based Treatment is an evidence based psychological therapy for borderline personality disorder (BPD). The training is organised in a stepped system from basic training to practitioner level and then through to supervisor to training levels.
There are currently three components to training in Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT):
- 3-day MBT basic training course
- Supervision with a senior MBT Practitioner
- 2-day MBT Practitioner training
Following attendance at the basic training course clinicians can participate in supervision to embed their newly acquired mentalizing skills whilst using them in their everyday work. Once the skills are embedded in daily practice clinicians can attend the MBT certificate course for practitioner level training. Following this, practitioners can consider supervision to become supervisors of others in their work place. Click here more information about the MBT Training Programme
- Who is this course suitable for?
This workshop is suitable for mental health and other professionals who are interested in the treatment of personality disorder.
Applicants for the basic entry training course must meet the following pre-entry criteria:
- They should be qualified health professionals such as Mental Health Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Clinical/Counselling Psychologists, Psychiatrists and Social Workers, Psychotherapists.
- They will have undertaken a course of study, for example the KUF for personality disorder, and have a good working knowledge of theories underpinning the development of personality. This will cover psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioural, biological, systemic and social approaches.
- They will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working therapeutically with people with personality disorder in teams or in individual or group work.
- They will have undertaken supervised practice and be committed to professional standards and practice within an ethical framework.
- It is desirable that they have personal experience of psychotherapy or counselling.
- Attendees must be fluent in Spanish.
9th September 2021 - 11th September 2021
- Hospital 12 de Octubre View Map
- 3 days
- 09:00 - 17:00 (Spanish time)
Training fee including: Mentalizing and Mentalization Based Treatment with Adults (MBT Adult) – An Introduction
Training fee without access to: Mentalizing and Mentalization Based Treatment with Adults (MBT Adult) – An Introduction
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list