A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 2 of 5: Working in encounters face to face (remote or not)
28th October 2020
- Online (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- 90 minutes
- 18:00 - 19:30
About this course
A webinar series (five in total – which can be attended as a block or as individual events , for people from a range of professional backgrounds, or none, who are interested in the challenge of working with people whose needs are multiple, whose help-seeking is unconventional, who are often excluded, marginalised, stigmatised and who present with risk and attract complex multi-agency networks of care that often, in spite of best intentions, struggle to create and deliver coherent, containing, effective help.
This second seminar will address the challenge of face to face encounters with our clients – what is happening for them, and for the worker, and how might we workers find a balance in trying to engage with them where they are, but also to introduce help that might support change in meaningful and safe directions? How do we stay attuned but avoid becoming just a “fan club”? How do we keep a sense of direction when chaos and events constantly threaten to blow us off course? It will include material on the use of mentalizing, and of a mentalization-based approach to the co-construction of plans (“Active planning”).
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone working with clients who present with multiple needs. No previous special expertise in mentalization or AMBIT is assumed.
- To understand the helpfulness of mentalization as a framework for thinking about therapeutic relationships and supporting change
- To understand the inevitably of anxiety and stress, not just in the client but – crucially – in the worker too, and the impact this has on our ability to work
- To gain a basic understanding of the need for plans, how mentalizing can support the co-construction of these (Active planning), and simple tools to support this.
System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.
Events quick search
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 1 of 5: Why is help often not experienced as helpful?
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 3 of 5: Creating a team that can hold me steady and help me cope
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 4 of 5: Organising work in complex formal and informal networks
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 5 of 5: Adapting our work so that it works