A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 3 of 5: Creating a team that can hold me steady and help me cope
25th November 2020
- Online (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- 90 minutes
- 18:00 - 19:30
About this course
A webinar series (five in total – which can be attended as a block or as individual events , for people from a range of professional backgrounds, or none, who are interested in the challenge of working with people whose needs are multiple, whose help-seeking is unconventional, who are often excluded, marginalised, stigmatised and who present with risk and attract complex multi-agency networks of care that often, in spite of best intentions, struggle to create and deliver coherent, containing, effective help.
This third seminar will cover the challenge of creating a “Team around the Worker” which takes the worker’s mind as seriously as the minds that the worker is working with, on the basis that all of us are vulnerable to losing our balance (or “mentalizing capacity”) in the stressful work that we do. It will emphasise that the worker who claims never to be worried in their work is the one that a team should be most concerned about! Ideas about supervisory structures – formal and informal – will be shared, including tools to support more effective help-seeking conversations between colleagues (an AMBIT technique called “Thinking Together”), and the challenge of offering help to a colleague who may not see the risks that they are facing as clearly as we – their colleagues - do (the use of “graded assertiveness” with colleagues.) There will be a chance to discuss the challenges of creating a team that sees part of its working culture as maintaining an environment that actively supports its members to cope in the challenge of their day to day encounters with clients.
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone working with clients who present with multiple needs. No previous special expertise in mentalization or AMBIT is assumed.
- To understand the inevitable impact of anxiety and stress in work on that work
- To understand the need for a “well-connected team” to counteract this.
- To learn about some tools developed in AMBIT to support this aim (“Thinking Together” and graded assertiveness.)
System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.
Events quick search
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 1 of 5: Why is help often not experienced as helpful?
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 2 of 5: Working in encounters face to face (remote or not)
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 4 of 5: Organising work in complex formal and informal networks
- A Mentalizing Team Around the Worker - Webinar 5 of 5: Adapting our work so that it works