About this webinar
These webinars are organised and delivered by Mclean Hospital. Bookings can be made via Mclean Hospital website: home.mcleanhospital.org/gpdi-mbtf
The webinars aim to equip mental health and allied professionals with the necessary skills to undertake mentalization-based systemic work with families, couples and their networks. The webinars focus primarily on clinical practice and skills and provide training in core techniques, games and activities, all aimed at promoting effective mentalizing in couples, family members and their networks.
- Aims of the webinar
These webinars will equip participants to:
- Describe Mentalization-Informed Systemic Therapy
- Identify effective and ineffective mentalizing in families and couples
- Practice mentalizing across cultures and societies
- Demonstrate setting up mentalizing interventions
- Describe trajectories of mentalizing interventions
- Apply the Mentalizing Loop
- Describe diachronic mentalizing and related techniques
- Practice mentalizing games, exercises and activities
- Explain how to build epistemic trust and resilience
- Discuss Manualized Remote MBT-Family and Couple Therapy
- Summarize basic principles of working with family systems from a mentalizing approach
- Who is this event suitable for?
- Physicians, psychiatric nurses, psychologists, social workers, licensed mental health counselors.
- System requirement for the online event
This is a series of webinars in the form of online live sessions using Zoom as the primary platform for learning. The teaching will consist of presentations of the model, techniques and related issues, with ample illustrations of clinical work and dilemmas. Specific interventions will be role-played by the presenter(s). Each webinar will be richly illustrated by audio-visual case material. Course participants are encouraged to bring their own cases and design mentalization-informed interventions.
The Anna Freud Centre brings together those with a stake in the mental health of children and young people. Please subscribe to our mailing list to receive a bi-monthly e-newsletter and occasional updates about the Centre's training and events.