About this conference
The National Centre for Family Hubs (NCFH) is hosting a virtual conference on Implementing Family Hubs. The event will launch the pilot of the Family Hubs Implementation Toolkit: a collection of coproduced resources aimed to support Local Authorities, Health, Education and VCS teams to implement Family Hubs in their local area.
After an opening address by the new Minister for Children and Families, Will Quince MP, participants will hear from the practitioners, evidence experts, parents, young people and Local Authority leaders who have helped to shape this toolkit through a range of plenaries and workshops. In the afternoon session we are delighted to be joined by Rt Hon. Dame Andrea Leadsom DBE MP, who will discuss the Start for Life vision and the importance of Family Hubs in making it a reality.
The aim is for participants to explore the key themes covered by the modules in the pilot Implementation Toolkit, looking at the evidence, examples of good practice, and how to use the elements of the toolkit to implement Family Hubs.
With the toolkit in pilot phase and at the start of an iterative, coproduced development schedule, we want to use this event to hear feedback from participants on what is helpful, what is missing, and what needs to change to enable effective implementation of Family Hubs in local areas.
We look forward to welcoming you on the day and to working together to implement Family Hubs across the country.
Please download the timetable for the full event details.
09.40-09.55 Opening address
09:55-10:40 Plenary 1 – Why Family Hubs, Q&A
10.55-11.45 Plenary 2 – The Implementation Toolkit in Practice, Q&A
12.00-12.50 Module Workshops – Topics include:
3. Relational Practice
13.40-13.45 Youth Perspective on Family Hubs
13.45-14.00 Best Start for Life
14.00-14.50 Plenary Panel - Family Hubs: From Vision to Impact
14.50-15.00 Closing & next steps
Keep informed about our future national and regional events by signing up to Family Hubs in Mind, our free learning network
- Who is the event suitable for?
Leaders, commissioners, or managers from Local Authorities, Health/CCGs, Education, or Voluntary and Community Sector.
- Aims of the day
- Understand the Family Hubs policy framework
- Learn from other Local Authorities sharing examples of good practice in Family Hubs implementation
- Learn about the evidence base for Family Hubs
- Discover, test and feedback on the pilot modules of the implementation toolkit produced by the National Centre for Family Hubs
- Find out about upcoming events, action learning sets, and bespoke support available from the National Centre for Family Hubs to help with implementing Family Hubs
- System requirements of online events
This event will be delivered online. A laptop, PC/Desktop will be the most suitable device for this event. Further system requirements needed for this event will be displayed in due course.
2nd November 2021
- Online - via Zoom (Joining instructions will be sent to the email address you booked on with at least one working day before the event)
- 1 day
- 09:30 - 15:00 (UK Time)
- Dr Camilla Rosan
- Professor Peter Fonagy
- Donna Molloy
- Ben Lewing
- Dr Peter Fuggle
- Rt Hon. Dame Andrea Leadsom DBE MP
- Mike Coldwell
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list