Mental Health Services and Schools Link Programme: National Learning Event (Manchester)
- 3 hours
About this course
About this event
We are delighted to be bringing together local area leads, schools/colleges and mental health professionals that took part in the Mental Health Services and Schools Link workshops. This event will link up different areas that have worked on the programme to celebrate their learning and share best practice. It will be an opportunity for programme participants to network and share their successes and planning for the future.
A member of the project team from the Anna Freud Centre will share our experience of running the programme and some preliminary findings. There will be an opportunity to hear from colleagues from different areas about how they implemented the programme in their locality, the impacts it has had and how they are planning to take things forward.
Who is the event for?
Local area leads, schools/colleges and mental health professionals who participated in the two one-day workshops as part of the Mental Health Services and Schools Link Programme, along with those interested in finding out more. For further information please email email@example.com.
9:00am-9.30am: Registration, refreshments and networking
9.30am-9.45am: Preliminary findings from external evaluators, Ecorys
9.45am-10:00am: Overview of the Mental Health Services and Schools Link programme from Anna Freud
10:00am-11.30am: Sharing learning
Attendees to break into two groups and move between the following presentations. Time will be given at the end of each session for Q&As.
- Mike Bridges, Public Health Specialist, Health and Wellbeing, Oldham Borough Council. Local area lead for Oldham.
- Natalie Williams, Mental Wellbeing Co-ordinator, Education and Early Years, Oldham Borough Council.
- Elizabeth Egan-Walsh, Headteacher, Lyndhurst Primary School.
- Catherine Johnson, Public Health Advisor - Children & Young People, Stockport Council. Local area lead for Stockport.
- Alex Hutchings, Pastoral Manager, St James’ Catholic High School.
11.30am-11.45am: Department for Education Update
11.45am-12:00pm: Panel Q&A
Please note that the same event is also taking place in Gateshead, London and Cambridge.