Systemic family therapy for developmental trauma
24th September 2020
- Online (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- 1.5 hours
- 14:30 - 16:00
About this course
This webinar will take place online, and details of how to join will be shared with registrants on the day of the event.
The general overview of the webinar is to provide participants with an introduction to working systemically with developmental trauma, which incorporates working with the family and or the system around the child.
We will focus on the following:
- Understanding what we mean by developmental trauma through a systemic lens;
- How to assess developmental trauma and the impact on significant relationships;
- How to engage the family and or the system in a conversation and work together to create change in family relationships.
The format of the webinar will be a presentation delivered by the speakers for approximately 60 minutes, followed by a question (submitted by the audience) and answer session of around 30 minutes.
Who is this event suitable for?
This webinar is appropriate for any professional who work with families
- Social workers (including Children’s Guardians)
- Family Therapists
- Clinical Psychologists
Aims of the event
- To understand developmental trauma from a systemic perspective;
- To introduce how to work systemically with developmental trauma.
System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.