About this event
At the heart of these webinars is a profound question: we know that demands on mental health services are rising; we know that this increase can never be met by professionals alone. So what is it that we need to change in the way we lead our lives for our mental health needs to be met. To put it another way, how do we think differently about mental health? This ground-breaking series brings together some of the most eminent thinkers in child and family mental health in the world.
This presentation will emphasize 4 main points:
- Social relationships can be considered as targets for interventions aiming at both reducing risk factors associated with poor mental health and building the resources necessary to help face life’s challenges;
- Longitudinal studies are crucial to test whether social relationships have an impact on mental health problems – and not just the other way around:
- Genetically-sensitive data are key to providing strong evidence that social relationships have an effect on mental health problems, and are not all due to genetic confounds;
- The life course approach contributes to illustrate the impact of social relationships across the life span and not just during one key period.
BSL interpretation will be available for those joining the seminar on a PC or laptop.
The format of our Transformation Seminars are:
17:20 - 17:30 Registration (log-in to online seminar)
17:30 - 18:15 Transformation Lecture
18:25 - 18:45 Q&A
- System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training. Details of how to join the event on Zoom will be shared closer to the event.
19th January 2021
- Online (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- 17:30 - 18:45 (UK time)
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list
Transformation Seminar: Karl Friston - Me and my Markov blanket
- 1.25 hours
Transformation Seminar: Eamon McCrory - Childhood Trauma and the Brain: What have we learnt from neuroscience?
- 1.25 hours
Transformation Seminar: Why tackling discrimination is crucial for addressing inequities in mental health and mental health services
- 1.75 hours