A Whole School Approach to Mental Health and Wellbeing – Primary
1st September 2020
This is an online training - access to the online platform will be granted on the above date and you will have access for 6 months from this date
- Online (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- Online Training Programme - 4 hours learning content
- 4 hours video content
School Licence - Unlimited Delegates
About this course
Upon purchasing the programme, you will receive a confirmation email. Please note access to the training will be granted once payment is received. On the above date you will receive an email with joining instructions.
Should you require immediate access, please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements. Access to the online training is granted for 6 months from the course date you purchased.
There are four 1-hour units which can be completed in your own time. Each unit is made up of high quality and evidence-based audio, video, and written presentation materials, with exercise and actions for you to complete to enhance your learning. Each licence also includes the opportunity for one member of your organisation to join a live follow up webinar to discuss the course material and reflect on learning with our course tutors.
A whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing is underpinned by the Centre’s longstanding experience of working within schools to support pupil, parent/carer and staff mental health. This training provides a practical framework, alongside key actions and materials that aim to support school staff in championing mental health and wellbeing across the whole school community. The training is grounded in a rigorous evidence base.
Who is this training suitable for?
Our training modules are suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a secondary school, college or community setting and could include:
- School leaders
- Teachers and staff in schools and colleges
- SEN/Designated Mental Health Leads
- Learning mentors
- PSHE leads
Key Learning Outcomes
- Know what factors are important to consider when developing a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
- Know how to embed and establish processes that support the mental health and wellbeing of the whole school community
- Learn practical tips and tools for promoting mental health and wellbeing in primary schools
- Explore the identification of the early signs of mental health concerns in children and young people
- Signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support