The AMBIT client skills workshops are for AMBIT-trained individuals or teams and provide evidence-based theory and practical skills for working with specific issues, in AMBIT-influenced ways.
This workshop aims to develop worker skills in applying mentalizing in face-to-face client work when out ‘in the field’ with clients. The focus is on the ‘multi-modal worker’ who will be drawing on a range of approaches and techniques, and often in various settings. The emphasis in this session is on applying mentalizing and the mentalizing stance in straightforward and practical ways for workers with a wide range of experience.
This is a live online training, with trainers present throughout. The training consists of an engaging combination of live teaching, group discussion, skills practice, and interactive online activities.
- Who is this course suitable for?
- AMBIT trained workers, particularly relevant for workers who may not have formal professional training but who carry out face-to-face client work across a wide range of settings, such as health, education, social care, youth work, criminal justice and charities.
- AMBIT training could have been provided directly by the Anna Freud Centre or local trainers.
- Workers that would like practical mentalization-based skills and ideas to apply in their face-to-face work with clients of any age group
- Aims of course
The objectives of the training will be for workers to develop their skills in:
- Recognising when mentalizing is present in a client interaction
- Recognising when mentalizing is lost in client interactions (both in the client and the worker)
- Practice and develop practical techniques to foster mentalizing in client interactions and regain mentalizing when it is (inevitably) lost
- Share learning and practice examples using the AMBIT wiki manual
- System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.