The AMBIT Client Skills workshops are for AMBIT-trained individuals or teams and provide evidence-based theory and practical skills for working with specific issues, in AMBIT-influenced ways.
This is a half-day workshop to increase workers’ skills in applying mentalizing to both direct and indirect work with families, and is particularly aimed at those who work in AMBIT-influenced teams. It aims to broaden worker’s perspectives on how they might hold families in mind and develop confidence in applying mentalization-based skills and the mentalizing stance to family work in practical ways.
Please note that whilst this course teaches mentalization-based skills for working with families, it does not constitute a training in MBT-F. Training in MBT-F can be booked separately through the centre.
This is a live online training, with trainers present throughout. The training consists of an engaging combination of live teaching, group discussion, skills practice, and interactive online activities.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Teams / individuals who have had exposure to AMBIT training.
- Any workers who are engaging with clients and families with complex, multiple needs. Particularly those working ‘on the ground’ in a range of settings.
Aims of course
- The role of a worker in the family context
- Family cycles of mentalizing and non-mentalizing
- Applying mentalizing to family work both directly and indirectly
- Adapting the AMBIT tools for family work
System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.