The AMBIT Client Skills Workshops are for AMBIT-trained individuals or teams and provide evidence-based theory and practical skills for working with specific issues, in AMBIT-influenced ways
This half-day workshop explores the potential barriers to mentalizing when working with clients involved in criminality, gangs and violence, both for us as workers and for the clients, including some of the powerful stereotypes and power dynamics that might be a context for their behaviours.
Participants will be supported to apply the principles of AMBIT to this cohort and adapt, develop and practise tools and skills to promote mentalizing.
This is a practice-focussed workshop on the Client quadrant of the AMBIT approach. We will invite participants to share their experiences of practice and create a wiki-manual page of learning and reflection from the workshop that is open source for all and will act a resource to maintain “Learning at Work”.
This is a live online training, with trainers present throughout. The training consists of an engaging combination of live teaching, group discussion, skills practice, and interactive online activities.
- Who is this course suitable for?
- AMBIT trained workers, particularly relevant for workers who may not have formal professional training but who carry out face-to-face client work across a wide range of settings, such as health, education, social care, youth work, criminal justice and charities.
- AMBIT training could have been provided directly by the Anna Freud Centre or local trainers.
- Workers that would like practical skills and ideas to apply mentalizing to clients who are or have been involved in criminality, violence or gangs.
- Aims of course
- To develop practical skills in applying AMBIT to this cohort
- To share AMBIT informed practice ideas generated on the workshop, using the wiki-manual
- To apply the principles of AMBIT to planning work with clients involved in criminality, gangs and violence
- System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.