The AMBIT Client Skills Workshops are for AMBIT-trained individuals or teams and provide evidence-based practical skills for working with specific issues, in AMBIT-influenced ways
This workshop will equip participants with practical skills in working with people (of any age) who are using substances. It will cover evidence-based practices from Motivational Interviewing and how to deliver these within a mentalizing and AMBIT framework.
Using case examples, participants will practise as a group MI and Mentalizing skills applied to a substance use context. These skills can equally be used in other settings where motivation is a key to bring about change.
This is a practice-focused workshop focussed on the Client quadrant of the AMBIT approach. We will invite participants to share their experiences of practise and create a wiki-manual page of learning and reflection of the workshop that is open source for all and will act a resource to maintain learning at work.
This is a live online training, with trainers present throughout. The training consists of an engaging combination of live teaching, group discussion, skills practice, and interactive online activities.
Who is this course suitable for?
- AMBIT trained workers, particularly relevant for workers who may not have formal professional training but who carry out face to face client work across a wide range of settings, such as health, education, social care, youth work, criminal justice and charities.
- AMBIT training could have been provided directly by the Anna Freud Centre or local trainers.
- Workers that would like practical skills and ideas to apply Mentalizing and motivational interviewing to helping people substance misuse
Aims of course
- Developing Practical skills in applying Mentalizing and MI.
- Develop knowledge in applying these skills to where motivation is particularly important such as a substance misuse context.
- Share AMBIT informed practise within this area using the wikimanual.
System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.