In order to effectively support the mental health and wellbeing of pupils we must first support the mental health and wellbeing of school staff. Staff who have good mental wellbeing are more likely to have the necessary resources to be able to manage and plan during or after stressful episodes whether with a pupil, a class, a colleague, an inspector or a parent. This training will outline practical tools and a framework for promoting and supporting staff wellbeing in school and colleges. It will draw on examples that have been tried and tested in a range of school settings. The training will give the opportunity for attendees to develop a project to take back to their settings and embed.
- Who is it for?
The training is suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school or college setting and could include:
- Senior Leadership Team
- Teaching Assistants
- Pastoral Care team members
- School Governors
- What are the benefits to me and my school?
During this full day course, you and your colleagues will:
- Understanding the impact of uncertainty on staff wellbeing, including the impact of the pandemic
- Knowledge of up-to-date research and statistics, including ways to measure the wellbeing of staff
- Understand the role of leadership in supporting a whole school approach to staff wellbeing
- Outline how mentalization can be used to support staff
- Identify the links between our feelings, thoughts and behaviours
- Reflect on practical, individual self-care strategies for school staff
- Implement a self-care action plan
- Learn more about signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
All of our training modules can be tailored to meet your exact needs and are suitable for any staff member working with children and young people in a school, college or community setting.
- What will the in-school course look like?
The in-school course can last between 2 to 5 hours, depending on the specific needs of your group and the variety of subjects you'd like the trainers to include.
The bespoke course will be delivered as a live online workshop to up to 30 attendees.
Book a bespoke consultation and in-depth discussion on developing a whole school approach to mental health and well-being with one of our experts. Our training team can work alongside school Leadership teams to design and deliver bespoke training specific to your school community.
We can offer tailored live workshops with discussion and group activities for upskilling staff, developing awareness, and sharing best practice within your setting. This could include:
- One off twilight sessions
- Multiple sessions ran over a course of a term or half term
- Sessions for multiple schools or academy trusts
- How do I bring this course to my school?
If you'd like to book this course for your education setting, please make an enquiry here.
“The trainers really engage with the attendees. Questions are answered throughout the session allowing discussion to occur naturally. The content is excellent and insightful.” Pastoral Care Team Member - Supporting schools to manage the impact of unexpected change on the mental health and wellbeing of pupils
“I liked the in depth detail, very clear and easy to follow, reminded me of a few things for example how easy it is to catastrophise! There wasn't anything I didn't like. I will take it back to my team and share the knowledge learned. Thank you!” - Designated Safeguarding Lead, Supporting schools to manage the impact of unexpected change on the mental health and wellbeing of pupils
- Full day
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list