About this course
Developing a mentally healthy school - primary school training is underpinned by the Centre’s longstanding experience of working within schools and colleges to support pupil, parent/carer and staff mental health.
This training is aimed at raising awareness, providing support to identify the early signs of specific mental health illness and the development of a common language when discussing mental health. This training provides a practical framework, alongside key actions and materials that aim to support primary school staff in championing mental health and wellbeing across the whole school community. The training is grounded in a rigorous evidence base.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
- Who is this training suitable for?
Our training modules are suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school setting and could include:
- Teachers and staff in schools and colleges
- SEN/Designated Mental Health Leads
- Learning mentors
- PSHE leads
This training is a mental health awareness training and, therefore, may not suitable for members of SLT or Senior Mental Health leads who already have a good knowledge around mental health. We are able to offer more bespoke and suitable training. For further information on our training offer for Senior Leadership please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning outcomes
- Develop knowledge of the factors that influence children’s mental health
- Understand the current evidence base around the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on mental health and wellbeing
- Identify and explore the Five Steps Framework in depth; a framework for a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
- Know how to embed and establish processes that support the mental health and wellbeing of the whole school community
- Develop practical strategies for promoting mental health and wellbeing in primary schools, including how to talk to children about their mental health
- Gain access to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
6th December 2021
- Online – live via Zoom (Joining instructions will be sent to the email address you booked on with at least one working day before the event)
- 5 hours
- 09:00 - 15:00 (UK time)
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list