About this course
Developing a mentally healthy school - secondary and FE College training is underpinned by the Centre’s longstanding experience of working within schools and FE colleges to support pupil, parent/carer and staff mental health.
This training is aimed at raising awareness, providing support to identify the early signs of specific mental health illness and the development of a common language when discussing mental health. This training provides a practical framework, alongside key actions and materials that aim to support secondary and FE college staff in championing mental health and wellbeing across the whole school community. The training is grounded in a rigorous evidence base.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
- Who is this training suitable for?
Our training modules are suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school setting and could include:
- Teachers and staff in schools and colleges
- SEN/Designated Mental Health Leads
- Learning mentors
- PSHE leads
This training is a mental health awareness training and, therefore, may not suitable for members of SLT or Senior Mental Health leads who already have a good knowledge around mental health. We are able to offer more bespoke and suitable training. For further information on our training offer for Senior Leadership please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning outcomes
- Develop knowledge factors that influence young people’s mental health
- Understand the current evidence base around the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on mental health and wellbeing
- Identify and explore the Five Steps Framework in depth, a framework for a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
- Develop practical strategies for promoting mental health and wellbeing in secondary schools, including how to talk to pupils about their mental health
- Understanding the signs of common mental health presentations including anxiety, low mood and self harm and when to refer for specialist support
- Gain access to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
6th December 2021
- Online – live via Zoom (Joining instructions will be sent to the email address you booked on with at least one working day before the event)
- 5 hours
- 09:00 - 15:00 (UK time)
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list