How to Champion a Mentally Healthy School
17th November 2020
- Online (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- 1 day
- 09:00 - 17:00 (UK time)
About this course
We are currently refining the structure of this training in an online format and so the times and dates may change slightly. Participants will be notified of any changes with sufficient notice.
Over the last few years the world has woken up to a simple fact: the best correlate of adult life satisfaction is not income, but physical and mental health.
The new emphasis on promoting child mental health in schools & colleges is a welcome move to help us realise this ambition. But how can schools & colleges, within their current resources, prioritise mental health and wellbeing alongside teaching a school curriculum?
This training provides a practical framework of five domains, alongside key actions and materials that aims to support school staff in championing mental health and wellbeing across the whole school community.
It is based on the following five sub-categories:
- Leading Change – how can you ensure that your school leads change to promote mental health and wellbeing across the whole school community?
- Working Together – how can your school work together with parents & carers, pupils and governors to foster an ethos of inclusiveness and school connectedness?
- Understanding Need – how can your school or college assess the needs of students and the impact of interventions to improve wellbeing?
- Supporting Staff – Teaching is a tough job. How can your school couple support for school staff with the ambitions we have for childrens wellbeing?
- Promoting wellbeing – how can your school’s curriculum benefit pupil mental health and wellbeing? What evidence is there for school-based interventions and when to implement them?
Who is this training suitable for?
The training is suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school or college setting and could include:
- Senior Leadership Team
- Teaching Assistants
- Pastoral Care team members
- School Governors
- Anyone with a responsibility as a mental health or wellbeing lead in a school.
Participants will come away with a better understanding of:
- What factors are important to consider when championing a mentally healthy school
- How to embed and establish processes that support the mental health and wellbeing of the whole school community
- Practical tips and tools for promoting mental health and wellbeing in school/your setting
We regularly hold trainings at the Centre or if you are interested in commissioning a training for your school, please email email@example.com
Events quick search
- Talking to Children and Young People about their Mental Health in a School Setting
- How can schools identify and support children and young people who need specialist support?
- Supporting Staff Wellbeing in Schools and Colleges
- A Whole School Approach to Mental Health and Wellbeing – Secondary
- A Whole School Approach to Mental Health and Wellbeing – Primary
- Supporting Schools to Manage the Impact of Unexpected Change on Mental Health