Evidence shows that unexpected change and loss can have an impact on children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing. This course will focus on the current experience of children and young people as a result of the pandemic, based on the most recent evidence. This course gives clear, simple advice to all those who are supporting the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people during the current crisis, including those who may already be vulnerable or suffering from mental health difficulties.
- Who is it for?
Our training modules are suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school, college or community setting and could include:
- School leaders
- Teachers and staff in schools and colleges
- SEN/Designated Mental Health Leads
- Learning mentors
- PSHE leads
- What are the benefits to me and my school?
- Specific guidance about mental health in the current climate related to coronavirus and the impact of lockdown and how to support children and young people in your schools and colleges
- Establish and embed sources of support for your children and young people experiencing anxiety
- Learn from examples of good practice and shared experiences between schools
- Apply practical, evidence-based tools in your setting to support mental health and wellbeing, including our top tips for talking to children and young people about mental health
- Understand and be able to implement a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
- Signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
All of our training modules can be tailored to meet your exact needs and are suitable for any staff member working with children and young people in a school, college or community setting.
- What will the in-school course look like?
The in-school course can last between 2 to 5 hours, depending on the specific needs of your group and the variety of subjects you'd like the trainers to include.
The bespoke course will be delivered as a live online workshop to up to 30 attendees.
Book a bespoke consultation and in-depth discussion on developing a whole school approach to mental health and well-being with one of our experts. Our training team can work alongside school Leadership teams to design and deliver bespoke training specific to your school community.
We can offer tailored live workshops with discussion and group activities for upskilling staff, developing awareness, and sharing best practice within your setting. This could include:
- One off twilight sessions
- Multiple sessions ran over a course of a term or half term
- Sessions for multiple schools or academy trusts
- How do I bring this course to my school?
If you'd like to book this course for your education setting, please make an enquiry here.
"The training was fabulous, the best training I had on the subject of mental health!" - MHAT attendee
"I recommend Anna Freud Centre training as it helped me better understand the mental health and wellbeing needs of my pupils." - MHAT attendee
- 2 hours
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list