We are currently refining the structure of this training in an online format and so the times and dates may change slightly. Participants will be notified of any changes with sufficient notice.
Mentalization-focused multi family groups in schools have been shown to be effective in bringing about change for children presenting with emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties at school.
The groups are an excellent way of engaging parents and other family members in accessible help in school. This is frequently in situations where the family has been unable or unwilling to make use of usual CAMHS style interventions.
The course will present a framework for how to set up and successfully run multi family groups in school. Participants will be shown examples of best practice and will be given a full explanation of the theoretical principles that underpin the approach.
The course will cover
- Key family systemic theoretical perspectives
- Multi-family group theory and practice including the PAR method
- Application of a multi-family group approach in schools
- Mentalization-focused theory and practice as applied to multi family groups
- Relevant attachment and neuroscience perspectives
- Resilience and social competence building
- Partnership working with school colleagues
- Practical guidance for setting up and running multi family groups in schools
- Behavioural skills for learning curriculum.
Who is this course suitable for?
All professionals with an interest in helping children who are presenting with emotional behavioural and mental health difficulties in schools. Particularly suitable for those who are keen to develop a practical, evidence-based, multi-family group approach in schools. Relevant for colleagues keen to develop an enhanced Local Offer for working with children, young people, families and carers consistent with the new Children and Families Act 2014.
Aims of the course
- Gain a good theoretical understanding of the multi-family group approach in schools
- Be taught how to set up and run multi family groups in schools
- Gain an understanding of how to incorporate mentalization-focused and resilience-building activities into multi family group working.
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list