Promoting the Resilience of Children and Young People in Schools
10th November 2020
- Online (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- 3 hours
- 10:00 - 13:00 (registration from 09:30)
About this course
We are currently refining the structure of this training in an online format and so the times and dates may change slightly. Participants will be notified of any changes with sufficient notice.
This training will explore the role that schools and colleges can play, in supporting the resilience of its children and young people.
School & college communities are ideally placed to provide a range of protective factors to support children and young people and to protect against risk factors, that might undermine a child or young person’s ability to cope with stress or adversity.
This training will explore the relationship between attachment and resilience and address healthy coping strategies for children and young people.
This training will provide practical examples that school staff can take back to their setting to promote resilience across the whole school community.
Who is this training suitable for?
The training is suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school or college setting and could include:
- Senior Leadership Team
- Teaching Assistants
- Pastoral Care team members
- School Governors
Participants will come away with a better understanding of:
- What resilience is and what are protective and risk factors
- How schools can promote pupil resilience
- Practical strategies and tools for promoting resilience across the whole school community