Psychoanalysis and Clinical Practice Training
About this course
We are currently refining the structure of this training in an online format and so the times and dates may change slightly. Participants will be notified of any changes with sufficient notice.
The Anna Freud Centre is offering this course to professionals who are interested in psychoanalytic ideas, and how these may apply to their clinical work with infants, children and adults.
The course will be divided into 2 sections. The first, will provide a developmental view on mental functioning and behaviour, and the second will focus on the clinical process. The final seminar will look at the interface between psychoanalysis and attachment.
(If you have disabled non-essential cookies on this website, you may not be able to view the above video on this page but can still view it here)
The course will cover
- Seminar 1: Psychoanalysis and the internal world, Phillip McGill
- Seminar 2: Psychoanalysis and the internal world continued, Philip McGill
- Seminar 3: A developmental view of deficit and conflict, Inge Pretorius
- Seminar 4: Sexuality and aggression, Angela Joyce
- Seminar 5: Affects and defences, Angela Joyce
- Seminar 6: The analytic setting, Anna Streeruwitz
- Seminar 7: The relation of the patient to the analyst, Anat Gedulter-Treiman
- Seminar 8: The analyst’s experience of the patient, Anat Gedulter-Treiman
- Seminar 9: Clinical process - interpretation, working through, containment resistance, Carol Broughton
- Seminar 10: Interface of psychoanalysis and attachment, Inge Pretorius
Aims of the course?
- To familiarise participants with core analytic concepts relevant to their practice
- To provide an analytic framework for understanding development, mental functioning and behaviour
- To extend understanding of interpersonal processes between therapist and patient
Who is this course suitable for?
Therapists, psychologists and professional practitioners working with infants, children and adults who are interested in incorporating psychoanalytic ideas about development into their theoretical framework and practice.
You will be required to read a set of book chapters/articles before each seminar. Reading will be provided to you approximately 6 weeks before each seminar.
We have two reduced-fee places (£371.87) available for Learning Network members. If you are a member of the network and would like to claim a place please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org