About this course
We are currently refining the structure of this training in an online format.
Please note that the training advertised is subject to change and will reflect the current context in a school setting. As new research and evidence emerges the training materials will be updated to reflect this.
Participants will be notified of any changes with sufficient notice.
Raising Awareness: Supporting Mental Health in Schools is underpinned by the Centre’s longstanding experience of working within schools and colleges to support pupil, parent/carer and staff mental health.
This training is aimed at raising awareness, providing support to identify the early signs of specific mental health illness and the development of a common language when discussing mental health. This training provides a practical framework, alongside key actions and materials that aim to support primary school staff in championing mental health and wellbeing across the whole school community. The training is grounded in a rigorous evidence base.
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
- Who is this training suitable for?
Our training modules are suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school setting and could include:
- Teachers and staff in schools and colleges
- SEN/Designated Mental Health Leads
- Learning mentors
- PSHE leads
This training is a mental health awareness training and, therefore, may not suitable for members of SLT or Senior Mental Health leads who already have a good knowledge around mental health. We are able to offer more bespoke and suitable training. For further information on our training offer for Senior Leadership please contact: email@example.com
- Learning outcomes
- Know what factors are important to consider when developing a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
- Know how to embed and establish processes that support the mental health and wellbeing of the whole school community
- Learn practical tips and tools for promoting mental health and wellbeing in schools
- Explore the identification of the early signs of mental health concerns in children and young people
- Signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
- 2 hours
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list