We are currently refining the structure of this training in an online format.
Please note that the training advertised is subject to change and will reflect the current context in a school setting. As new research and evidence emerges the training materials will be updated to reflect this.
Participants will be notified of any changes with sufficient notice.
School staff often juggle multiple tasks and demands, so a focus on staff wellbeing has become increasingly important.
In order to effectively support the mental health and wellbeing of pupils we must first support the mental health and wellbeing of school staff.
Staff who have good mental wellbeing are more likely to have the necessary resources to be able to manage and plan during or after stressful episodes whether with a pupil, a class, a colleague, an inspector or a parent. This training will outline practical tools and a framework for promoting and supporting staff wellbeing in school and colleges. It will draw on examples that have been tried and tested in a range of school settings. The training will give the opportunity for attendees to develop a project to take back to their settings and embed.
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
- Who is this training suitable for?
The training is suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a school or college setting and could include:
- Senior Leadership Team
- Teaching Assistants
- Pastoral Care team members
- School Governors
- Learning outcomes
Participants will come away with a better understanding of:
- Understand the meaning of staff wellbeing and resilience and the importance of promoting these concepts in schools
- Establish and embed sources of support for your staff: universal, targeted, specialist
- Learn from examples of good practice and shared experiences between schools
- Apply practical, evidence-based tools in your setting to support mental health & wellbeing, including our Five Steps Model for schools & colleges
- Learn how to communicate effectively through thoughts, feelings & behaviours
- Take time to reflect using our self-care strategies for school staff
- Signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
30th March 2021
- Online - via Zoom (joining instructions will be shared with registrants close to the event)
- 2 hours
- 15:00 - 17:00 (UK time)
Price per person
To hear about any new dates scheduled for this training, please subscribe to our mailing list