This 1 day training focuses on how to use the AMBIT AIM cards. The AIM cards are a tool designed to encourage applying mentalizing in face to face client work. They can be used ‘in person’ or as a unique remote version in order to:
- Get to know a client and build an understanding of their perspective across a wide range of areas of life.
- Develop shared plans and goals and then monitor progress on these collaboratively through your work together
- The AIM cards are particularly relevant as a tool to use with clients who have multiple needs and may find it difficult to express or communicate their views
The training will also cover use of the AIM questionnaire- a worker-rated version of the AIM cards which is used as an outcome measure to track progress across a wide range of areas of functioning.
Participants will be given access to the remote version of the AIM cards as part of the training.
This is a live online training, with trainers present throughout. The training consists of an engaging combination of live teaching, group discussion, skills practice, and interactive online activities.
- Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for all workers in services that provide direct help to clients. This would include workers in charities, health, education, youth work, justice and social care. Prior professional training is not required although this course is specifically for those who have experience of direct client work in a helping setting.
- Aims of course
- Develop skills and knowledge in managing the challenges involved in planning and following plans with clients who have multiple needs
- Learn how to use the AMBIT AIM cards (including remote version) as a tool to build relationships and get to know clients from their perspective (both remotely and ‘in person’)
- Use the AIM cards to develop techniques to build collaborative goals and a shared direction for work together
- Develop knowledge and skills in measuring change with your client to inform your work together
- System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.