Mentalization-Based Treatment for Children: a time limited approach in Copenhagen, Denmark
About this course
This training will provide an introduction to Mentalization Based Treatment for Children (MBT-C), a time-limited approach to working with children aged 5-12, with a range of clinical presentations.
The course will cover an introduction to the concept of mentalizing, and its use in clinical work with children in middle childhood (5-12) and their parents.
The course will provide an overview of the development of mentalizing in middle childhood, and how it can be assessed; an introduction to a time-limited model of MB T-C; and will give opportunities to practice specific skills for working with children from a mentalizing perspective, as well as the parallel work with parents.
The training will be based on the following text:
- Midgley, N., Ensink, K., Lindqvist, K., Malberg, N. and Muller, N. (2017). Mentalization-Based Treatment for Children: A Time-Limited Approach. American Psychological Association.
Who is this training suitable for?
Counsellors and therapists working with children and families.
Aims of the training
- To gain an understanding of the development of mentalizing in middle childhood and an understanding of its role in a range of typical presenting problems in CAMHS
- To learn about the key features of time-limited MBT for children.
- To learn about assessment of the capacity for mentalizing in children
- To develop practical skills in working with children and their parents from a mentalizing perspective.
This training will be delivered in English. This training is being organised by Maria Nannestad - to enquire about booking a place on this training please email firstname.lastname@example.org