Prevention and Early Intervention Training for Waltham Forest
- 2 days (1 + 1 day training)
About this course
Prevention and Early Intervention training
This training has been commissioned by Waltham Forest CCG for those working with children and young people across Waltham Forest and is suitable for a variety of professionals including, but not limited to, school nurses, GPs, teachers, social workers and health visitors.
Day one will cover:
- How to identify children and young people (CYP) suitable to be referred to CAMHS
- Measuring mental health and wellbeing in CYP
- Introduction to using screening questionnaires with CYP to assess mental health needs
- Self-harm assessment
Day two will cover:
- Reflections on putting the toolkit and questionnaires into practice across different settings.
- Talking to CYP about their wellbeing.
- Children, families and schools: a systemic approach to young people’s behaviour.
- Mentalization-Based Treatment approach to working with parents.
Following the training we will ask one to two individuals representing various professions to nominate themselves to become a Mental Health Champion - this will involve an additional day of training and two follow up 60 minute supervisions.