Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training (IPT): Supervising the Supervisor
17th May 2018 – 18th May 2018
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children & Families Map
- Two days
- 09:15 - 16:45
About this course
This workshop will provide training for accredited IPT supervisors who wish to work with trainees working to an advanced level of practice and/or who are completing training as IPT supervisors. The course will guide participants through the supervisor’s role in selecting candidates for advanced practice and supervisor training, conducting advanced practice supervision with training pairs and rating competence against the supervisor competency framework. The course will involve a combination of didactic teaching, case examples for small group discussion and role play.
IPT Supervising the Supervisor will cover:
- Requirements for IPT supervisor training and the supervisor's role as gatekeeper to advanced practice and supervisor training
- Working with supervisor trainee pairs during cases five and six
- Supervising trainees with reference to supervision competencies
- Common accreditation issues
Who is the IPT Supervising the Supervisor for?
Accredited IPT and IPT-A supervisors who have completed accreditation level supervision with at least two practitioner trainees
Aims of the IPT Supervising the Supervisor course?
- Inform supervisors in selecting candidates for advanced practice and supervisor training
- Develop participants’ supervisory skills to support advance practice training
- Inform and develop participants’ skills to be able to supervise trainees to completion of supervisor accreditation