Introduction to Evaluation
- One day
About this course
Introduction to Evaluation is being run by Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC) in partnership with the Centre
The course will introduce those with a stake in understanding the effectiveness of interventions or services to the principles of evaluation. The aim is to enable delegates to better understand the evaluations they are involved in or are wishing to commission and help delegates interpret the findings of evaluations by being better able to assess the quality of the methodology used.
The course will cover:
- The principles underlying evaluation
- The key elements of research ethics
- The fundamentals of impact evaluation
- The fundamentals of process evaluation
Who is this course suitable for?
It is anticipated that the audience will have limited technical knowledge of research design and evaluation, and so is suitable to those with a policy, management, or commissioning role as well as practitioners.
Aims of the course?
The learning objectives of the course are:
- Delegates will be able decide on the best overall approach to evaluation depending on the questions that need to be answered;
- Delegates will be able to judge the quality of evaluations;
- Delegates will be able to interpret the findings of evaluations.