Dr Helen Brasnett
Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Dr Helen Brasnett is a clinical psychologist with many years’ experience working in the NHS in Adult Mental Health and Child and Family Mental Health Services. In addition, she has also worked in Education in a specialist provision. Helen is also an Associate Clinical Tutor on the Clinical Psychology Doctorate at Royal Holloway, University of London.
Since 2011 Helen has been involved in the development of Mentalisation Based Treatment for Families (MBT-F) and the adaptation of this model for working with Looked After Children and Post-Adoption interventions. In addition to her clinical work, Helen delivers trainings nationally and internationally in MBT-F, MBT Post-adoption and MBT-Fostering.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- Mentalisation based work with adoptive families: a model with children and parents at its heart
- Mentalization-Based Treatment for Families (MBT-F)
- Mentalization-Based Treatment for Families training in Barcelona
- Mentalization-Based Treatment for Families training, London
- Mentalizing and Mentalization Based Treatments with Children, Young People and Families (MBT CYP) – An Introduction