Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Michela has been working as a Parent-Infant Psychotherapist in the PIP team since 2009.
Michela did her MSc at UCL/Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families and trained as a Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist at the Anna Freud Centre. She is a member of the Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP).
She has worked in the NHS in generic multi-disciplinary CAMHS teams and also for some years in a specialist CAMHS for Looked After Children. A special interest is in working with Under-fives. Michela ran a parent-toddler group at the Anna Freud Centre, and taught toddler observation, as well as Parent-Infant observation on the UCL/AFNCCF Masters. She continues to teach and supervise trainees on Child Psychotherapy trainings and Psychodynamic counsellors. She is also a clinical supervisor on the Specialist Training in PIP.
Michela also has a private practice for child psychotherapy and parent work.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- Anna Freud Centre & Pears Family School Open House
- ITSIEY Specialist: Reflective Supervision in Infant Mental Health (0 - 24 months): Holding the supervisee, child and family in mind
- ITSIEY: An introduction to perinatal and infant mental health
- ITSIEY: Emotional Abuse in Infancy
- Parent Infant Project International Study Day
- Parent Infant Project International Study Day - Staff place
- Parent-Infant Psychotherapy - Specialist Training
- Principles and Practice of Psychoanalytic Parent-Infant Psychotherapy
- Reflections on racial and cultural diversity in parent infant psychotherapy