Nicola Labuschagne is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. She worked as a Clinical Psychologist in the NHS for over 15 years, developing a specialism in the assessment and treatment of complex trauma. She has been employed as the Clinical Manager of the Early Years Parenting Unit, Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, since 2011. The Early Years Parenting Unit is a specialist assessment and treatment service for parents whose experience of complex trauma has had a serious impact on their personality functioning in respect of their capacity to: regulate their emotions; form safe, enduring relationships; and to parent their children safely. Parents attend the EYPU with their children under the age of five who are on the edge of care.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- ITSIEY Specialist: Reflective Supervision in Infant Mental Health (0 - 24 months): Holding the supervisee, child and family in mind
- ITSIEY: Emotional Abuse in Infancy
- ITSIEY: Mentalizing in Practice; Working with Parents and Babies
- Protecting children in the time of COVID-19: working digitally with risk, uncertainty, and loss - online
- The Parent-Infant Conference: innovative and evidence-based practice to protect and promote the emotional wellbeing of all bumps, babies and toddlers