Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and have been working with children, adolescents and adults for over 25 years. I specialise in work with relationship-based therapies, like Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), Cognitive Analytic Therapy and Mentalization based approaches. I also lead on delivering a national programme of training and supervision in IPT for adults experiencing depression and modified versions for adolescents and pre-adolescents. This allows me to work with and learn from therapists working across the UK and internationally.
In my work, I am interested in how the way we feel interacts with and responds to the people around us. I think of therapy as a way of restating the problem in a way that allow for solutions and recruiting the right team to support change. I feel fortunate in being able to find different ways to offer support to families, sometimes working with young people, sometimes with their parents and carers and sometimes all of us together.
I have published two self-help books, based on IPT, to help adults and young people to help themselves to recover from depression and difficult times with the support of the people in their lives.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training (IPT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training (IPT) - Supervising the Supervisor
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training (IPT) - Supervisor Training
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training (IPT) Moving from Adults to Adolescents: How to use IPT with Adolescents and in a Family Context
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training (IPT) Supervisor - Refresher Day
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training for Adolescents with Depression (IPT-A)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training Refresher
- Mentalization Skills in Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)