Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
Dr Emma Morris, BSc (Hons), D.ClinPsy, qualified from University College London in 2004. She currently holds the position of Consultant Clinical Psychologist at the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families where she is Lead Practitioner for Contact and Residence work. Prior to this worked for 10 years at the Marlborough Family Service, which is a CAMHS based in Westminster. Her experience and training spans adult mental health, child and adolescent mental health and Learning Difficulties. She has a special interest in Multi-Family Therapy and attachment based group work with parents and infants.
Dr Morris regularly provides teaching and consultation in professional settings including Social Care and Education. She holds a teaching position at UCL/Anna Freud and teaches on the Clinical Psychology Doctorate course at several universities. She is a trained supervisor as part of the national Children and Young Peoples Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (CYP-IAPT) programme, which includes the supervision of professionals conducting Evidence Based parenting programmes and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. She is a member of the Outcomes and Evaluation advisory group to the Department of Health, which advises on measuring outcomes in child mental health and has published research in peer reviewed journals.
Courses this tutor is involved in
- Adapting Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT) for children: remote practice
- Anna Freud Centre & Pears Family School Open House
- Family Ties: Therapeutic Assessment and Treatment of High Conflict Separated Parents and their Children
- High conflict parenting post separation: Introduction to the assessment and treatment of children caught between parental acrimony
- Mentalization-Based Treatment for Children (MBT-C): a time limited approach
- Mentalization-Based Treatment for Children (MBT-C): a time limited approach in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Mentalization-Based Treatment for Children (MBT-C): a time limited approach, London
- Multi-Family Therapy