Events & Training
Training in mental health skills and approaches can be of huge value to school staff.
We can provide tailored training and development workshops to all staff working in a school including senior leaders, teaching and support staff which will:
- Help school staff recognise common problems such as self harm, anxiety, low mood.
- Help school staff to feel more confident in dealing with mental health matters and when to refer on to specialist services.
- Support learning about useful techniques such as mentalization based approaches or multi-family groups to pupil difficulties.
- Support teachers to engage parents and carers in concerns about their children at school.
- Help school leaders and governors to prioritise and plan training for senior staff around mental health.
- Enable access to externally evaluated, evidence informed training.
- Help school leaders develop whole school approaches to support pupil and staff mental health and wellbeing.
- Advise on the use of free online materials offered by the Mentally Healthy Schools site.
Please browse our training programme below which covers a variety of topics around mental health and wellbeing in schools. We regularly hold trainings at the Centre or if you are interested in commissioning a training for your school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org