Events & Training
Training in mental health skills and approaches can be of huge value to school staff.
We can provide tailored training and development workshops to all staff working in a school including senior leaders, teaching and support staff which will:
- Help school staff recognise common problems such as self harm, anxiety, low mood.
- Help school staff to feel more confident in dealing with mental health matters and when to refer on to specialist services.
- Support learning about useful techniques such as mentalization based approaches or multi-family groups to pupil difficulties.
- Support teachers to engage parents and carers in concerns about their children at school.
- Help school leaders and governors to prioritise and plan training for senior staff around mental health.
- Enable access to externally evaluated, evidence informed training.
- Help school leaders develop whole school approaches to support pupil and staff mental health and wellbeing.
- Advise on the use of free online materials offered by the Mentally Healthy Schools site.
Interested in commissioning a training for your school? Please email email@example.com
Schools in Mind Events
We also offer free termly briefing events for Schools in Mind members. These events aim to help school professionals in finding, evaluating and implementing solutions that promote the mental health and wellbeing of entire school communities, and also provide networking opportunities.
Slides from previous events can be found below.